Research on Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema.
Recruiting female volunteers to participate in a research study for lymphedema that began after treatment for breast cancer. All assessments and treatments will be provided free of charge. Research is to be conducted at 465 St Johns Rd, Toronto, ON. Study date: Fall/Winter 2012.
You may qualify if you meet the following criteria:
- The symptoms of lymphedema appeared after medical treatment for breast cancer (mastectomy, radiation, and/or lymph node dissection.)
- The lymphedema is unilateral (one-sided.)
- You have been experiencing symptoms of lymphedema for 6 months to 5 years.
- You are a female between the ages of 40-65.
- You have received no previous osteopathic treatment for lymphedema.
- You are able to commit to 7 one-hour-long appointments within a 10 week timeframe. read more…